1. Describe Okonkwo, the protagonist of “Things Fall Apart.” How does he work to achieve greatness as defined by his culture?
2. Describe Unoka, Okonkwo’s father. What are Okonkwo’s feelings toward Unoka, and why? How does his father shape Okonkwo’s character and actions?
3. Describe the setting (time, place, culture) of the novel. How is social life organized?
4. What do we learn from the kola ceremony of hospitality? Note how Achebe introduces—but does not fully explain–Igbo customs, rituals, and ceremonies in the novel. Think about why Achebe chooses to do this, considering that he wrote for an international non-African audience as well as his own peoples.
5. What are the important crops? How does sharecropping work? What are the male and female designated crops? What is the relationship of women to agriculture?
6. What roles does Chielo play in the village?
7. How has Nwoye begun to “act like a man”? What values does Okonkwo associate with manliness? How does Nwoye relate to these values?
8. Why is Okonkwo asked not to take part in the killing of Ikemefuna? Why do you suppose they have decided to kill the boy? Why do you think Achebe does not translate the song that Ikemefuna remembers as he walks along?
9. How is the notion of white men first introduced into the story? Why might Africans suppose that they have no toes?
10. Why does Ekwefi prize her daughter Ezinma so highly? What attitudes toward children does the ogbanje reflect? Does Achebe seem to validate the belief in ogbanje?
Which African words and concepts does he translate into English, and which are left for the reader to understand through their use and context in the text? Why do you think Achebe chose to keep these words in their original language?
2. Is Okonkwo a good father and provider?
3. How do you think Okonkwo’s son Nwoye will grow up?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more