Number your submission in the text box 1 through 3 and answer the following questions.
1. How do you define art? What criteria must a work of art meet in order for you to consider it art? Explain.
2. Which of the following art forms that we’ll be studying this semester do your prefer: literature, painting, sculpture, photography, music, architecture, film, theater, OR dance? Explain why. How does this art form fit into your definition of art (from Question 1)? Only discuss ONE type of art. If you have more than one type that you like, choose ONE to write about.
Please note: If you don’t have a preferred art form, then pick ONE that you like in order to answer this question. If you tell me that you don’t have a preferred type and leave your answer at that – you will get a “0” for your answer.
3. Based on your preferred art form (from question 2) who is your favorite artist? Explain why. How does this artist fit into your criteria for what you consider good art (from question 1)? Explain. Please only discuss ONEartist. If you have more than one that you love, then only write about ONE.
Please note: If you don’t have a favorite artist, then pick ONE that you like in order to answer this question. If you tell me that you don’t have a favorite artist and leave your answer at that – you will get a “0” for your answer.
********* ASSIGNMENT 2
After completing assignment 1 and writing your own definition of art, consider the following…
Many students say that anything and everything can be art. Although there are no correct or incorrect definitions of art, to say that everything is art really diminishes the value of art. Art then becomes everything and nothing at the same time. The idea that everything is art has been hotly debated in the early to mid 20th century. The artist Piero Manzoni explored this idea when he canned his own feces and sold it at the then current price of gold. The title of the work is “Merda d’Artista” – Italian for “Artist’s Shit”.
Here’s his website: http://www.pieromanzoni.org/EN/index_en.htm (Links to an external site.)
This is what happens when “everything” becomes art. Funny? Genius? Offensive? Obviously it’s a matter of opinion. His art was on display in New York City this year. Here’s an article that looks at the exhibit:
http://www.villagevoice.com/2009-02-04/art/italian-conceptualist-piero-manzoni-more-than-the-guy-who-canned-his-caca/ (Links to an external site.)
Here’s the gallery. He did more than can his own feces although that’s what he’s best known for:
http://www.gagosian.com/artists/piero-manzoni/ (Links to an external site.)
Number your submission in the text box 1 though 3 and answer the following questions. You can attach pictures or links but please don’t attach your text. Type your answer in the text box below.
1. So… is this art? Explain why or why not. (Take a clear position on this – either yes or no.)
2. Relate your answer to question 1 (above) to your definition of art from assignment 1.
3. Share your favorite artist (from assignment 1) in your post. Explain why you like them. Include a link or attachment to a work by this artist so your classmates can see an example of their work.
We will be asking “Is this art?” again and again throughout the course.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more