This assignment gives students the opportunity to review and dissect a legal decision—to identify its different elements, the types of laws involved, and the basis for the decision. For this assignment, be sure to carefully read Chapter 1 from the textbook as well as the court case below, Simkins v. Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital. You may need to do additional research for the final question to support your analysis.
Simkins v. Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital, 323 F. 2d 959 (1963). Retrieved from https://www.leagle.com/decision/19631282323f2d95911029
Harris, D. M. (2014). Using the law to promote our policy goals and ethical principles. In Contemporary Issues in Healthcare Law & Ethics (pp. 3-10). Chicago, IL: Health Administration Press. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Jahn, W. G. (2011). The 4 basic ethical principles that apply to forensic activities are respect for autonomy, beneficence, nonmaleficence, and justice. Journal of Chiropractic Medicine, 10(3), 225-226. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4863255/
Ruger, J. P., Ruger, T. W., & Annas, G. J. (2015). The elusive right to health care under U.S. law. The New England Journal of Medicine, 372(26), 2558-2563. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Showalter, J. S. (2017). The Anglo-American legal system. In The Law of Healthcare Administration (pp. 1-23). Chicago: Health Administration Press. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Showalter, J. S. (2017). Health reform, access to care, and admission and discharge. In The Law of Healthcare Administration (pp. 61-79). Chicago, IL: Health Administration Press. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Note: This is a partial chapter.
After carefully reviewing the required readings, answer the following questions. Copy the questions directly from the assignment and answer them each separately.
1. Identify and explain the four sources of law in the United States and give an example of each.
2. What is the citation for the Simkins case? Label each part of the citation.
3. Define what majority and dissenting opinions are. Identify who drafted each for this case.
4. At what level of the judiciary was this case decided?
5. Identify and explain the legal statute that was examined in this case and its relevance.
6. Constitutional law was also a factor in the decision. Identify and discuss the amendments that were addressed and their importance to this case.
7. The reach of this case was limited. Why is that?
8. Explain the relationship of ethics to this decision. Be sure to identify relevant ethical principles.
9. What is the relevance for health administrators in studying a case such as Simkins? There is no one answer for this, but be sure to provide your critical analysis and support it with reliable sources.
**4 Pages Required**
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more