For this Assignment, you will select a gap identified in Module 2 with RtI, PBIS, or MTSS. Referencing the Learning Resources and research conducted on each state, support your rationale as to why addressing this gap will improve services for diverse learners and enhance professional practice.
· Review the module Learning Resources. Pay attention to any gaps identified within the field of special education as it relates to improving services for students with diverse needs.
· Select a gap identified in the research from Module 2 relating to RtI, PBIS, or MTSS.
· Listen to Dr. Research discuss gaps between research and practice in relation to school-wide interventions. Reflect on all you have learned through this course and compare the research to your current cite. What types of school-wide interventions are being implemented with fidelity? What did you find in research that you don’t see being implemented in the field?
A 3- to 5-page draft addressing a gap that you identified in the research that interests you. Include the following sections:
Section 1: Problem Statement
Provide a 1- to 2-paragraph statement that is the result of a review of current literature and practice that contains the following information:
· A logical argument for the need to address an identified gap between research and special education practice. Make sure to clarify why you believe that this is a problem of practice in special education.
Preliminary evidence that provides justification that this problem is meaningful. Evidence should include a minimum of three to five key citations that support the relevance and currency of the problem. Note: These references need not all be from peer-reviewed journals but should be from reputable sources, such as national agency databases or scholarly books, and they should ideally be current, i.e., from the past 5 years.
Section 2: Significance
Provide one or two paragraphs informed by the topic outlined in the problem statement that explains the following:
· How this study will contribute to filling the gap in special education practice identified in the problem statement.
· What original contribution will this study make to the field of Special Education?
How this research will support professional practice or allow practical application, i.e., answer the “So what?” question.
Section 3: Questions
List the questions or a series of related questions that are informed by the purpose, which will lead to the development of what needs to be done to research the identified gap in practice. A research question informs the research design by providing a foundation for:
· Generation of hypotheses in quantitative studies,
· Questions necessary to build the design structure for qualitative studies, and
· A process by which different methods will work together in mixed-method studies.
Section 4: Nature of the Study
Using one of the following terms as a subheading, provide a concise paragraph that discusses the approach that will be used to address the research questions(s) and how this approach aligns with the problem statement. The subheadings and examples of study designs are as follows:
· Quantitative – for experimental, quasi-experimental, or non-experimental designs, treatment-control, repeated measures, causal-comparative, single-subject, predictive studies, or other quantitative approaches;
· Qualitative – for ethnography, case study, grounded theory, narrative inquiry, phenomenological research, policy analysis, or other qualitative traditions;
· Mixed methods, primarily qualitative – for sequential, concurrent or transformative studies, with the main focus on qualitative methods, and single subject.
Section 5: Social Change
Consider the relationship between the identified problem of practice and social change. In 2 or 3 paragraphs describe:
How the claim aligns with the problem statement to reflect the potential relevance in this study to society: How might the potential findings lead to positive social change for students with exceptionalities?
Then, give your perspective. Craft a Research Promise to Students with Exceptionalities. Take the researcher’s perspective as you craft this “promise.”
Example: As I move through my program, I promise to seek the highest and deepest levels of scholarship in order to bring about meaningful social change for students with exceptionalities. As a part of this promise, I will: list two to three ways in which you will pursue and fulfill this promise.
Section 6: References
On a separate page, cite the text, articles, and other current peer-reviewed research in support of your position. Be specific and provide examples.
Remember to use APA format in completing this Assignment.
For this Assignment and all others in this course and throughout the program, you will be expected to use APA style (7th ed.). Use the Walden Writing Center as a resource for completing Assignments.
Brown-Chidsey, R. & Bickford, R. (2016). Practical handbook of multi-tiered systems of support: Building academic and behavioral success in schools. New York, NY: Guildford Press.
Moolenaar, N.M., Daly, A. J., & Sleegers, P. J. (2010). Occupying the principal position: Examining relationships between transformational leadership, social network position, and schools’ innovation climate. Educational Administration Quarterly, 46(5), 623-670.
The Center for Comprehensive School Reform and Improvement. (2008). Response to intervention: Possibilities for service delivery at the secondary school level. The Center for Comprehensive School Reform and Improvement Newsletter. Retrieved from http://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED502906.pdf
Colorado Department of Education Implementation Rubrics
Colorado Department of Education. (n.d.-b). RtI implementation rubric: District level. Retrieved July 5, 2016, from http://www.cde.state.co.us/sites/default/files/documents/rti/downloads/pdf/rubrics_district.pdf
Colorado Department of Education. (n.d.-c). RtI Implementation rubric: School level. Retrieved July 10, 2016, from https://www.cde.state.co.us/sites/default/files/documents/rti/downloads/pdf/rubrics_school.pdf
Fidelity of Implementation Tools: School-Level Rubric. Reprinted by permission of Colorado Department of Education.
Laureate Education (Producer). (2012b). RtI meeting: High school [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 13 minutes.
Accessible player –Downloads– Download Video w/CC Download Audio Download Transcript
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more