Assignment for week 4
Choose a disorder of childhood or adolescence.
Conduct a literature search on the chosen disorder.
Create an annotated bibliography.
Include a minimum of 5 peer-reviewed articles.
This is an assignment posted by the university, not by the instructor.
Basically, the university wants students to learn how to compile an annotated bibliography.
· First, find 5 different peer reviewed articles on one specific childhood disorder.
· Read the articles and provide a summary of what each article contains. This will result in 5 different summaries/annotations.
· An example can be found below.
· The purpose of an annotated bib is to give a person who is searching for materials for their research an idea of the content and whether they want to use the article for their work.
· Do not be confused by the term “literature review” that is used by the university. Just use the term “annotated bibliography”.
· You can expect the total assignment to result in a minimum of 1200 – 1500 words.
· Be sure to provide a complete APA reference for each of the 5 articles. The citation/reference must be accurate. Use the citation generator available on the UoP Library page.
· Each reference must be included at the beginning of each summary as shown in the example provided by the instructor. Therefore, no reference page is needed for this assignment.
Avoid deductions – state the purpose of the article.
Avoid deductions – make sure your citation is accurate and includes the author’s name and the
name of the journal along with all other data.
Avoid plagiarism – do not copy information from the article. Paraphrase.
Tips for this assignment:
Information from an abstract will not be sufficient for this assignment. You must read the peer-reviewed article in order to do the annotation. Definitions …. https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/614/01/
An annotation is a summary and/or evaluation. Therefore, an annotated bibliography includes a summary and/or evaluation of each of the sources. Depending on your project or the assignment, your annotations may do one or more of the following.
Summarize: Some annotations merely summarize the source. What are the main arguments? What is the point of this article? What topics are covered? If someone asked what this article is about, what would you say? The length of your annotations will determine how detailed your summary is. Assess: After summarizing a source, it may be helpful to evaluate it. Is it a useful source? How does it compare with other sources in your bibliography? Is the information reliable? Is this source biased or objective? What is the goal of this source?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more