1. A ________ is an example of a first-line manager.
A. shift manager.
B. division manager.
C. store manager.
D. regional manager.
2. Establishing strategies for achieving organizational goals is a part of the ________ function.
3. Katz proposed that managers need ________ skills.
A. human, empirical, and mechanical.
B. technical, human, and conceptual.
C. technical, human, and financial.
D. technical, interpersonal, and legal.
4. Which of the following changes has resulted in the shifting of organizational boundaries?
B. increased competitiveness.
C. increased emphasis on organizational ethics.
D. changing security threats
Managerial Basic Training (Scenario)Imagine that your marketing company has just merged with a manufacturing organization. You have been asked to help provide some “basic” managerial training to the engineers in the research and development unit of the new company. To ensure you are covering the important issues, your boss has asked to see an overview of materials that you will be providing the engineers.
5. The engineers have to be informed that, ________ are the people who direct the activities of others in an organization.
A. line workers.
A. personal achievement.
B. helping others accomplish their work goals.
C. supervising groups rather than individual employees.
D. performing clerical duties
The Customer Meeting (Scenario)Kelly, a production supervisor, is responsible for 10 employees who assemble components into a finished product that is sold to distributors. Kelly reports to Ben, a production manager, who in turn reports to Dan, a general manager, who reports to McKenna, a vice president of operations. Recently, McKenna asked Dan to have a meeting with Kelly and Ben regarding some customer concerns in the production area. The focus of the meeting was to judge the validity of the customer concerns, and to develop a specific plan to address these concerns.
7. Kelly is a ________.
A. middle manager.
B. top manager.
C. nonmanagerial employee.
D. first-line manager
The General Manager (Scenario)Michael is the manager of a production facility. On a routine day, Michael meets with the employees who produce the organization’s product. At another time, Michael meets with the production manager, Betty, and the human resource manager, Joyce, to discuss complaints filed by one of the employees in the production department. Michael also spends time on the Internet looking for new technologies that can be used in the production processes of his plant.
8. When Michael manages the employees who produce the product, he is utilizing his ________.
A. empirical skills.
B. conceptual skills.
C. technical skills.
D. human skills.
Managerial Skills (Scenario)Adam, Brenda, Carl, and Dan are employees in the same organization. Adam is the shift manager, Brenda is the district manager, Carl is the regional manager and Dan is the project leader. Adam manages the employees who produce the organization’s product. After his excellent work is noticed, he is promoted to division manager. Carl on the other hand, after a disciplinary proceeding, is assigned to the post of office manager. Ethan is the managing director of the same organization.
9 Which of the following is true for Adam before his promotion.
A. His technical skills are of the utmost priority.
B. He need not have any empirical skills.
C. He need not possess any human skills.
D. His conceptual skills are of the utmost priority.
10 The symbolic view of management is based upon the belief that managers symbolize ________.
A. he take-charge executive who overcomes any obstacle to see that the organization achieves its goals.
B. every aspect of an organization’s performance, from the top level to the operational level.
C. the fluctuating fortunes of the organization as they alternate between profits and losses.
D. control and influence in developing plans and making decisions.
11 ________ is/are called the iGeneration because they’ve grown up with technology that customizes everything to the individual.
B. The Silent Generation.
C. Gen Y-ers.
D. Baby Boomers.
12. Which of the following environments is characterized by the highest level of environmental uncertainty?
A. a dynamic and simple environment.
B. a stable and complex environment.
C. a dynamic and complex environment.
D. a stable and simple environment.
13. Which of the following is a disadvantage of having a strong organizational culture?
A. decreased organizational performance.
B. inability to respond to changing conditions.
C. high employee turnover.
D. low loyalty towards the organization
14. The term ________ refers to repetitive sequences of activities that express and reinforce the important values and goals of the organization.
A. corporate rituals.
B. employee mentoringb
C. business ethics.
D. organizational cultured.
15. Which of the following is most likely to have a highly spiritual organizational culture?
A. a business that focuses strictly on outcomes.
B. a business that emphasizes centralized control.
C. a company with high tolerance of employee expression.
D. a highly aggressive, competitive business.
16. Jeff is an employee with the accounting department at a major shipping service provider in Texas. Soon after he joined following his graduation, his company developed corporate programs to help improve self-confidence and qualifications of diverse employees so they could “fit in.” During which period of time did Jeff start working for his employers?
A. new millennium.
B. early 1980s.
C. late 1980s to late 1990s.
D. 1960s to 1970s.
17. Differences arising from which of the following factors becomes more important to people as they get to know each other?
18. Which of the following perceptions do employers typically have of older employees?
A. uncommitted to doing quality work.
B. lack of sound judgment.
C. weak work ethic.
D. resistant to new technology.
19. What type of discrimination usually involves jokes or negative stereotypes being perpetrated about fellow employees?
B. mockery and insults
D. discriminatory policies
20. Which of the following examples would be considered appropriate stereotyping?
A. assuming women to be particularly bad drivers.
B. asking someone from accounting to help with a budgeting problem.
C. assuming red-haired people have rather nasty tempers.
D. bracketing working mothers as not being committed fully to their jobs.
21. The aspect that differentiates social responsibility from other similar concepts is that it adds = a(n) ______.
A. legal imperative.
B. technical imperative.
C. political imperative.
D. ethical imperative.
22. Which of the following arguments on social responsibility states that pursuing social goals hurts a business’s economic productivity?
A. lack of skills.
C. dilution of purpose.
23 A ________ is a formal statement of an organization’s primary values and the ethical rules it expects its employees to follow.
A. code of ethics.
B. vision statement.
C. mission statement.
D. code of purposed.
24. The primary debate about ethics training programs is whether ________.
A. ethics can be taught.
B. the programs give unethical individuals more ammunition.
C. ethics causes misconduct.
D. the programs cover misconduct outside the workplace.
25. The ________ Act offers some legal protection to whistle-blowers. It has a provision wherein any manager who retaliates against an employee for reporting violations faces a stiff penalty of a 10-year jail sentence.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more