Consider the list of jobs below. In your opinion, what is the appropriate span of management for each? Describe the factors you considered in reaching your conclusion.
· A physician practices medicine in a privately-owned clinic, while also supervising a number of professional nurses and office staff
· An owner/manager of an auto body shop deals with customers and directs several experienced mechanics and also trains and oversees the work of some unskilled laborers.
· A manager in an international advertising agency directs a team of professional who are located in offices around the world
DISCUSSION QUESTION Chapter 12 (4 points)
3) Describe the basic forms of organization design. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
APPLICATION QUESTION (2 points)
8) Consider an organization (such as your workplace, a club or society, a sorority or fraternity, a church, and so on) of which you are a member. Describe some structural elements of that organization that reflect the bureaucratic model. Describe some elements that reflect the behavioral model. In your opinion, is that organization more bureaucratic or more behavioral in its structure? Why?
MANAGEMENT IN ACTION: “Authority & FUNCTION AT A & F” (Opening case for the chapter) (8 points) Questions “You Make the Call” on page 346.
Case Question 1: If you were hired to advise Michael Jeffries on A & F’s current organizational design, what weaknesses and potential threats would you identify? What strengths and opportunities?
Case Question 2: What kind of organizational design do you think would be best suited to Jeffries’ managerial style?
Case Question4: It seems that mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures are currently business as usual in the retailing sector. Following such an event, does it make more sense to retain the current organizational design for a while or to modify it right away? Why?
Case Question 5: What differences might you expect to see between the organizational designs of such traditional retailers as A & F and American Eagle and those at online retailers such as Amazon.com and eBay?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more