I’m working on a sociology question and need guidance to help me study.
Read through the following questions and answer one of them in your journal. Your answer should be complete, and must be written in standard, grammatically correct English.
1. How do functionalists view education? Define manifest functions, latent functions, cultural transmission of values, inclusion, social placement, gatekeeping, and tracking.
2. Discuss the conflict perspective of education, defining hidden curriculum, biased IQ testing, unequal funding, and the role of family background.
3 Define credential societies. Compare and contrast education in the most industrialized societies, industrializing societies, and the least industrialized societies.
4. List and discuss at least two factors that contribute to mediocrity in American education, defining grade inflation, social promotion, and functional illiteracy. What can be done to improve the quality of U.S. education?
5. List and discuss the three elements of religion, according to Durkheim. Define church, religion, sacred and profane, using his theoretical perspective.
6. Discuss the functions and dysfunctions of religion, according to functional theorists.
7. Discuss Max Weber’s analysis of the relationship between capitalism and religion, defining the Protestant Ethic. Do you believe the Protestant Ethic is operational in the U.S. today? Why or why not?
8. Define, compare and contrast cults (defining cult, charismatic leaders, and charisma), sects, churches, and ecclesia, providing at least one example of each.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more