I’m working on a sociology question and need guidance to help me learn.
Read through the following questions and answer one of them in your journal. Your answer should be complete, and must be written in standard, grammatically correct English.
1. Define demography and discuss Malthusian theory. Summarize the arguments of the new Malthusians, defining exponential growth curve. Summarize the arguments of the anti-Malthusians, defining demographic transition and population shrinkage. Which theory do you believe is most accurate? Why?
2. List and discuss the three demographic variables, defining fertility rate, fecundity, crude death rate, and net migration rate.
3 Define and discuss the process of urbanization, defining city, metropolis, megalopolis, megacity, and megaregion, providing at least one example of each.
4. Discuss U.S. urbanization, defining metropolitan statistical area (MSAs), edge cities, gentrification, suburbanization, and suburbs, providing at least one example of each.
5. Define human ecology and the invasion-succession cycle. Summarize the Concentric Zone, Sector, Multiple-Nuclei, and Peripheral models of urban growth. Select one of the models and explain how it can be used to understand the structure of Pittsburgh.
6. Describe the five types of people who live in the city, according to Herbert Gans.
7. Define redlining, disinvestment, and deindustrialization, and discuss how they have contributed to urban decline. Define urban renewal and enterprise zones and discuss how they may contribute to urban revitalization.
8. Define public sociology and discuss the three principles suggested by William Flanagan which should guide it.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more