I’m working on a sociology question and need guidance to help me learn.
Read through the following questions and answer one of them in your journal. Your answer should be complete, and must be written in standard, grammatically correct English.
1. Define demography and discuss Malthusian theory. Summarize the arguments of the new Malthusians, defining exponential growth curve. Summarize the arguments of the anti-Malthusians, defining demographic transition and population shrinkage. Which theory do you believe is most accurate? Why?
2. List and discuss the three demographic variables, defining fertility rate, fecundity, crude death rate, and net migration rate.
3 Define and discuss the process of urbanization, defining city, metropolis, megalopolis, megacity, and megaregion, providing at least one example of each.
4. Discuss U.S. urbanization, defining metropolitan statistical area (MSAs), edge cities, gentrification, suburbanization, and suburbs, providing at least one example of each.
5. Define human ecology and the invasion-succession cycle. Summarize the Concentric Zone, Sector, Multiple-Nuclei, and Peripheral models of urban growth. Select one of the models and explain how it can be used to understand the structure of Pittsburgh.
6. Describe the five types of people who live in the city, according to Herbert Gans.
7. Define redlining, disinvestment, and deindustrialization, and discuss how they have contributed to urban decline. Define urban renewal and enterprise zones and discuss how they may contribute to urban revitalization.
8. Define public sociology and discuss the three principles suggested by William Flanagan which should guide it.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more