I’m working on a sociology question and need support to help me study.
Read through the following questions and answer one of them in your journal. Your answer should be complete, and must be written in standard, grammatically correct English.
1. Define and discuss deviance, crime and stigma, providing at least two examples of each. Are all deviant acts crimes? Why or why not? Are all crimes deviant acts? Why or why not?
2. Emile Durkheim argued that deviance was actually functional for society. What does it mean to say that something is functional for society? Discuss the three major contributions that deviance makes to social order, providing at least one example of each.
3. What is the medicalization of deviance? Discuss how the ideas of Thomas Szasz differ from those most popular within the medical community. Do you agree with Szasz’ assessment of attention-deficit disorder (ADD)? Why or why not?
4. Sociologist Robert Merton developed a typology of deviance. He examined both the role of cultural goals and a person’s willingness and/or ability to use the institutionalized (or approved) means of working toward the goals. Summarize the five modes of adaptation that Merton identified, discussing the cultural goals and institutionalized means characteristics of each. Provide at least two examples of each mode.
5. Define labeling theory and techniques of neutralization? Gresham Sykes and David Matza explored how deviants adapt to negative labels that society assigns to them, identifying five techniques of neutralization.. List and discuss each technique, providing at least one example of each.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more