I’m working on a sociology question and need support to help me study.
Read through the following questions and answer one of them in your journal. Your answer should be complete, and must be written in standard, grammatically correct English.
1. Define and discuss deviance, crime and stigma, providing at least two examples of each. Are all deviant acts crimes? Why or why not? Are all crimes deviant acts? Why or why not?
2. Emile Durkheim argued that deviance was actually functional for society. What does it mean to say that something is functional for society? Discuss the three major contributions that deviance makes to social order, providing at least one example of each.
3. What is the medicalization of deviance? Discuss how the ideas of Thomas Szasz differ from those most popular within the medical community. Do you agree with Szasz’ assessment of attention-deficit disorder (ADD)? Why or why not?
4. Sociologist Robert Merton developed a typology of deviance. He examined both the role of cultural goals and a person’s willingness and/or ability to use the institutionalized (or approved) means of working toward the goals. Summarize the five modes of adaptation that Merton identified, discussing the cultural goals and institutionalized means characteristics of each. Provide at least two examples of each mode.
5. Define labeling theory and techniques of neutralization? Gresham Sykes and David Matza explored how deviants adapt to negative labels that society assigns to them, identifying five techniques of neutralization.. List and discuss each technique, providing at least one example of each.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more