I’m working on a sociology question and need guidance to help me understand better.
Read through the following questions and answer one of them in your journal. Your answer should be complete, and must be written in standard, grammatically correct English.
1. Define social stratification and explain why it is of sociological significance. Is it possible to create a society without stratification? Why or why not?
2. Define slavery, list and discuss its causes, discuss the conditions of slavery that have varied around the world. and discuss slavery today. What role, if any, do you think the United States should play in ending slavery internationally today?
3. Define caste systems and endogamy, and discuss whether any characteristics of caste can be seen in U.S. society.
4. Karl Marx explored social class, emphasizing the importance of means of production. Explain his theory, and define bourgeoisie, proletariat, class consciousness and false class consciousness. Apply his theory to an analysis of U.S. society today.
5. List and define the three components of social class, according to Max Weber. Apply his theory to an analysis of U.S. society today.
6. Summarize Davis and Moore’s theory of social stratification. Summarize Tumin’s critique of Davis and Moore, and define meritocracy. Which theory do you believe explains U.S. society today best? Why?
7. Describe the characteristics of the Most Industrialized Nations, the Industrializing Nations, and the Least Industrialized Nations. List at least four examples of societies in each category.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more