Moving members of the organization through the change process can be quite difficult. As leaders take on this challenge of shifting practice from the current state to the future, they face the obstacles of confidence and competence experienced by staff. Change leaders understand the importance of recognizing their moral purpose and helping others to do the same. Effective leaders foster moral purpose by building relationships, considering other’s perspectives, demonstrating respect, connecting others, and examining progress (Fullan & Quinn, 2016). For this Discussion, you will clarify your own moral perspective and how it will impact the elements of focusing direction.
· Review the Adams and Miskell article. Reflect on the measures taken in building capacity throughout the organization.
· Review Fullan and Quinn’s elements of Focusing Direction in Chapter 2. Reflect on aspects needed to build capacity as a leader.
· Analyze the two case examples used to illustrate focused direction in Chapter 2.
· Clarify your own moral purpose, combining your personal values, persistence, emotional intelligence, and resilience.
A brief summary clarifying your own moral imperative.
· Using the guiding questions in Chapter 2 on page 19, explain your moral imperative and how you can use your strengths to foster moral imperative in others.
· Based on Fullan’s information on change leadership, in which areas do you feel you have strong leadership skills? Which areas do you feel you need to continue to develop?
Fullan, M., & Quinn, J. (2016). Coherence: The right drivers in action for schools, districts, and systems. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin.
Florian, L. (Ed.). (2014). The SAGE handbook of special education (2nd ed.). London, England: Sage Publications Ltd.
Adams, C.M., & Miskell, R.C. (2016). Teacher trust in district administration: A promising line of inquiry. Journal of Leadership for Effective and Equitable Organizations, 1-32. DOI: 10.1177/0013161X1665220
Choi, J. H., Meisenheimer, J. M., McCart, A. B., & Sailor, W. (2016). Improving learning for all students through equity-based inclusive reform practices effectiveness of a fully integrated school-wide model on student reading and math achievement. Remedial and Special Education, doi:10.1177/0741932516644054
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more