With increased involvement from the state and federal government, school districts are requiring more accountability on the part of special education teachers. From meeting or exceeding state standardized assessments to demonstrating progress on individualized goals and objectives, mandates handed down have resulted in an ill-conceived obsession with test results. As a result, special education leaders need to be able to build capacity and cultivate intentional ways to collaborate and learn. Whether it is leading staff in the direction of adopting new programs, approaches, or practices, leaders are responsible for establishing a clear, focused direction connected to student learning.
For this Discussion, you will assume the role of the special education leader. Considering the case scenario, address Fullan and Quinn’s elements for focusing direction as you begin to design a learning plan for addressing the mandates handed down by the district.
· Review the four elements of “Focused Direction” in Chapter 2 as you consider the mandates handed down by the district. Reflect on teaching and student learning and how you will involve everyone.
· Review the Case Scenario, focusing on the school’s current academic progress for students with exceptionalities.
· Review Choi et al. article focusing on the school-wide implementation of inclusive practices to improve student outcomes.
A learning plan addressing the elements of focusing direction:
· How will you develop a shared moral purpose and meaning focused on building relationships and getting all teachers to have a shared understanding?
· Identify the steps you will use to connect regular education teachers around the purpose.
Goals That Impact:
· Using the four-step approach to addressing the problem, outline your learning design plans to collect and monitor IEP goals and objectives.
· Clearly identify the purpose and goals for data collection and progress monitoring of IEP goals and objectives.
Clarity of Strategy:
· Identify the new collaborative plans for progress monitoring and data collection. Be sure the strategy/plans and steps are clear, specifying each member’s roles and responsibilities.
· Explain how you will facilitate the change process.
Fullan, M., & Quinn, J. (2016). Coherence: The right drivers in action for schools, districts, and systems. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin.
Florian, L. (Ed.). (2014). The SAGE handbook of special education (2nd ed.). London, England: Sage Publications Ltd.
Adams, C.M., & Miskell, R.C. (2016). Teacher trust in district administration: A promising line of inquiry. Journal of Leadership for Effective and Equitable Organizations, 1-32. DOI: 10.1177/0013161X1665220
Choi, J. H., Meisenheimer, J. M., McCart, A. B., & Sailor, W. (2016). Improving learning for all students through equity-based inclusive reform practices effectiveness of a fully integrated school-wide model on student reading and math achievement. Remedial and Special Education, doi:10.1177/0741932516644054
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more