Read the stories and do the quiz
ENG 102: English Composition II
Mrs. Saitta-Ringger Name:__________________
Quiz: Edwidge Danticat and Herman Melville
“A Wall of Fire Rising,” by Edwidge Danticat
1. About what do Guy and his young son, Little Guy, appear to compete?
2. What is the setting of the story? What indications of the family’s social-economic class does the narrator provide?
3. What is the boy’s role in the play? Why are his lines ironic?
4. How is the conflict between Guy and Lili about putting their son’s name on the list for work at the sugar mill somewhat demeaning to Guy?
5. What is the “secret” Guy shares with Lili? What does he long for?
“Bartleby, the Scrivener,” by Herman Melville
6. Why does the narrator refer to the fact of Turkey and Nippers working together as “a good natural arrangement”?
7. What happens when the narrator drops into the office on a Sunday morning?
8. What is the narrator’s dilemma?
9. Since Bartleby will not leave, what does the narrator decide to do?
10. How does Bartleby initially receive the narrator’s visit at the Tombs?
Extra credit: What similar problem do the main characters in these three stories share? How successful is each in solving his/her problem?
Answer the questions on the Danticat/Melville quiz briefly but specifically. 1-3 sentences should be adequate, but make sure that you respond in complete sentences.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more