ENG 215 ALL 4 PAPERS
Assignment 1: Research Proposal – Thesis, Major Points, and Plan
For this assignment, select a topic for your persuasive writing paper out of the 33 questions in the attachment.
Write a two (2) page research proposal in which you:
1. Identify the topic selected and explain two (2) reasons for using it.
2. Include a relevant draft thesis statement and explain why you believe this statement will help you focus your paper.
3. Describe three (3) major characteristics of your audience (official position, decision-making power, current view on topic, and / or other important characteristics).
4. Describe the paper’s scope and outline the major sections. Note: Keep in mind that you will develop your paper in three parts (Assignment 2 – Assignment 4). Review the structure of each individual assignment and create your outline based on that structure.
5. Identify and explain the key questions your audience needs to have answered. Next, describe where you will look to find the answers to these questions. Be sure to provide concrete examples of where you intend to look to find those answers.
6. Explain your research plan, including the methods of researching and organizing research.
7. Document at least three (3) sources that you intend to use in your paper. Use credible, academic sources. Provide a brief summary (25-50 words) of each source’s contents and how you intend on connecting that source to your paper topic. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Assignment 2 : Persuasive Paper Part 1: A Problem Exists
Using your thesis statement and research, present the problem that needs to be addressed with your proposed solution. Note: Your solution, advantages, and challenges, will be in Parts 2 and 3. You are only detailing the problem and making sure the reader thoroughly understands the need to read the next two (2) parts of your paper.
Write a three to four (3-4) page draft in which you:
1. Provide an appropriate title and an interesting opening paragraph to appeal to your stated audience (appeal with logic, ethics, or emotion).
2. Include a defensible, relevant thesis statement in the first paragraph. (Revised from instructor feedback on Assignment 1.)
3. Describe the history and status of the issue and provide an overview of the problem(s) that need to be addressed. You should break the issue down into multiple parts (called “problems” for this assignment). For example, if you were writing about jaywalking in a busy city, some of the problems associated could be (1) the lack of available crosswalks, (2) issues with technology like Walk/Don’t Walk signs and mobile phones, and (3) people’s disregard of established laws due to a sense of self-importance. There are several other problems that could be associated with this issue, but those are some ideas. This section should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
4. Explain the first problem and provide support for your claims. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
5. Explain the second problem and provide support for your claims. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
6. Explain the third problem and provide support for your claims. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
7. Provide a paragraph that summarizes the stated problems and promises a solution. Do not explain the solution in this paragraph!
Develop a coherently structured draft that follows the structure outlined above.
Use effective transitional words, phrases, and sentences throughout the paper.
Support claims with at least three (3) quality, relevant references. Use credible, academic sources available through Strayer University’s Resource Center. You may use additional resources as needed. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Assignment 3 Persuasive paper: Solution to Problem and Advantages
1. Explain a detailed, viable solution that supports your thesis. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
2. State, explain, and support the first advantage to your solution. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
3. State, explain, and support the second advantage to your solution. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
4. State, explain, and support the third (and fourth if desired) advantage to your solution. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
5. Use effective transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
6. Provide a transitional paragraph that summarizes the proposed solution and its advantages.
7. Develop a coherently structured draft that follows the structured detailed above.
8. Use one (1) or more rhetorical strategies (ethos, logos, pathos) to explain advantages.
9. Support advantage claims with at least three (3) additional quality relevant references different from previous assignment. Use at least six (6) total for Parts 1 and 2.
Develop Part 3: Possible Disadvantages, Answers, with Visuals
1. State, explain, and support the first disadvantage to your solution and provide a logical answer. This should be one (1) paragraph.
2. State, explain, and support the second (and third if desired) disadvantage to your solution and provide a logical answer. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
3. Include one or two (1-2) relevant visuals that help illustrate an advantage. Note: You must include a minimum of one (1) paragraph explaining the relevance of the included image. The responsibility of the author is to justify the inclusion (not to let the reader “figure it out”).
4. Use effective transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
5. Provide a concluding paragraph to summarize the proposed solution, its advantages, possible disadvantages, and answers to the disadvantages. Repeat or paraphrase your thesis statement.
6. Develop a coherently structured paper with an introduction, body, and conclusion.
7. Use one (1) or more rhetorical strategy (ethos, logos, pathos) to explain claims.
8. Support disadvantages and answers with at least two (2) additional quality relevant references different from previous paper.
PLEASE USE AS A GUIDE OR REWRITE TO MAKE IT YOURS
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more