Unit 5 Assignment – Epistemology
Instructions: Please note that the questions below are based on the Unit readings and are intended to be both an outline of the units’ material and the basis for your Unit Assessment, so please give your best effort to answering them thoroughly. The task is to respond to 15 of the questions below. Each question will be worth two points.
The format for submission is to include the questions with the replies. Example:
How does one know what the good life is?
– The good life is…
1. Define Epistemology. What are the types of philosophical questions considered in the study of Epistemology?
2. Describe and give an example of the “four different uses of language” the unit reading highlights.
3. What is meant by the Cognitive use of language?
4. What is the central claim of Rationalism? Who were the first philosophers referred to as rationalist?
5. What is Scholasticism? Who is the archetypal scholastic philosopher?
6. What did knowledge “involve” for Rene Descartes?
7. What do Empiricists rely on as the central source of knowledge? Name some prominent empiricists from the modern philosophical period.
8. Describe the difference between the term a priori and a posteriori.
9. What meaning did John Locke give to the Latin term tabula rasa?
10. Explain what John Locke meant by the primary and secondary qualities of an object.
11. Give an account of George Berkeley’s subjective idealism. Research what he meant by the statement esse est percipi.
12. Highlight the specific characteristics of David Hume’s empiricism.
13. Summarize Immanuel Kant’s epistemological theory (Transcendental Idealism).
14. What distinction does Immanuel Kant make between noumena and phenomena reality?
15. Why does Kant believe “that humans will never know things as they are in themselves”?
16. Define Skepticism and Fallibilism. Name some skeptics from both the classical and modern philosophical periods.
17. Describe and give examples of Logical, Semantic, Systemic, and Empirical knowledge.
18. What is the Correspondence Theory of truth?
19. What is the Coherence Theory of truth?
20. What is the Pragmatic Theory of truth?
21. “If objectivity is rejected, every group’s claims would be equal.” Explain the meaning and challenge this statement presents.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more