You are a deputy warden at a maximum security state penitentiary. The facility houses 1,200 inmates on average, with convictions for a variety of violent and/or drug related felonies. You manage several hundred correctional officers, full and part-time, as well as dozens of administrative personnel.
There is a local reporter who has a significant interest in the daily operations of your facility as a result of complaints lodged by the family members of certain members of the population. The complaints are similar in nature: certain inmates at your facility are being raped on a regular basis with very little or nothing being done to prevent these assaults, even in cases where officers are in the area where the assaults are occurring.
The warden tells you that something has to be done about this because he doesn’t like the attention being paid to the facility. He states that he doesn’t really care what happens to a convict – they’re convicts after all, but we can’t deal with the negative publicity and the potential lawsuits, so he needs you to do something about it and fast.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 500-750 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
• What do you think are the legal issues involved in the scenario, and how does the Prison Rape Elimination Act factor into this situation? Explain.
• What do you think are the ethical issues involved in the scenario? Explain.
• What are the possible consequences of not addressing these ethical issues? Explain.
• Should correctional facilities be required to try to prevent rapes from occurring? Why or why not? Explain in detail.
• Considering the directive given to you by your warden that he wants results and not excuses, what are some of the factors that you should take into consideration?
• How do policies on use of force interact with policies on preventing assaults in prison? Can an officer risk liability for using too much force while trying to prevent a sexual assault?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more