1. Your finance text book sold 55,000 copies in its first year. The publishing company expects the sales to grow at a rate of 24.0 percent for the next three years, and by 11..0 percent in the fourth year. Calculate the total number of copies that the publisher expects to sell in year 3 and 4. (If you solve this problem with algebra round intermediate calculations to 6 decimal places, in all cases round your final answers to the nearest whole number.)
Number of copies sold after 3 years
Number of copies sold in the fourth year
2. Find the present value of $3,400 under each of the following rates and periods.
(If you solve this problem with algebra round intermediate calculations to 6 decimal places, in all cases round your final answer to the nearest penny.)
a. 8.9 percent compounded monthly for five years.
b. 6.6 percent compounded quarterly for eight years.
c. 4.3 percent compounded daily for four years.
d. 5.7 percent compounded continuously for three years.
3. Trigen Corp. management will invest cash flows of $697,147, $264,746, $1,028,741, $818,400, $1,239,644, and $1,617,848 in research and development over the next six years. If the appropriate interest rate is 9.37 percent, what is the future value of these investment cash flows six years from today? (Round answer to 2 decimal places, e.g. 15.25.)
4. You wrote a piece of software that does a better job of allowing computers to network than any other program designed for this purpose. A large networking company wants to incorporate your software into their systems and is offering to pay you $468,000 today, plus $468,000 at the end of each of the following six years for permission to do this. If the appropriate interest rate is 8 percent, what is the present value of the cash flow stream that the company is offering you? (Round answer to the nearest whole dollar, e.g. 5,275.)
5. Barbara is considering investing in a stock and is aware that the return on that investment is particularly sensitive to how the economy is performing. Her analysis suggests that four states of the economy can affect the return on the investment. Using the table of returns and probabilities below, find
Boom 0.3 25.00%
Good 0.1 15.00%
Level 0.3 10.00%
Slump 0.3 -5.00%
What is the expected return on Barbara’s investment? (Round answer to 3 decimal places, e.g. 0.076.) Expected return
What is the standard deviation of the return on Barbara’s investment? (Round intermediate calculations and answer to 5 decimal places, e.g. 0.07680.)
6. Trevor Price bought 10-year bonds issued by Harvest Foods five years ago for $977.12. The bonds make semiannual coupon payments at a rate of 8.4 percent. If the current price of the bonds is $1,072.91, what is the yield that Trevor would earn by selling the bonds today? (Round intermediate calculations to 4 decimal places, e.g. 1.2514 and final answer to 2 decimal places, e.g. 15.25%.)
Effective annual yield %
7. The First Bank of Ellicott City has issued perpetual preferred stock with a $100 par value. The bank pays a quarterly dividend of $1.65 on this stock. What is the current price of this preferred stock given a required rate of return of 11.5 percent? (Round answer to 2 decimal places, e.g. 15.25.)
Current price $
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more