FIN 610 – Final Exam
1. The risk-free rate of return is 4% and the market risk premium is 8%. What is the expected rate of return on a stock with a beta of 1.28?
2. The stock of Big Joe’s has a beta of 1.14 and an expected return of 11.6%. The risk-free rate of return is 4%. What is the expected return on the market?
3. You have a $1,000 portfolio, which is invested in stocks A and B plus a risk-free asset. $400 is invested in stock A. Stock A has a beta of 1.3 and stock B has a beta of .7. How much needs to be invested in stock B if you want a portfolio beta of .90?
4. StarrKnight Corporation’s accounts payable turnover for 2008 is (use average payables)
5. StarrKnight Corporation’s accounts receivable turnover ratio for 2008 is (use average accounts receivable) _______.
6. The inventory turnover for the Lambkin Company was 8 times and its days’ sales in receivables were 55. The average payables deferral period (or turnover) was 7.5. What is the cash cycle for Lambkin given a 365-day year?
A. 51.96 days
B. 58.04 days
C. 115.00 days
D. 149.29 days
E. 164.37 days
7. In a typical month, the Jeremy Corporation receives 80 checks totaling $156,000. There are delayed four days on average. What is the average daily float?
8. As of the beginning of the quarter, you have a cash balance of $250. During the quarter, you
pay your suppliers $310. Your accounts receivable collections are $420. You also pay an interest payment of $30 and a tax bill of $180. In addition, you borrow $75. What is your cash balance at the end of the quarter?
9. Your firm has an average receipt size of $108. A bank has approached you concerning a lockbox service that will decrease your total collection time by two days. You typically receive 8,500 checks per day. The daily interest is .016 percent. If the bank charges a fee of $225 per day, should the lockbox project be accepted? What would be the net annual savings be if the service were adopted?
10. No More Pencils, Inc., disburses checks every two weeks that average $93,000 and take seven days to clear. How much interest can the company earn annually if it delays transfer of funds from an interest-bearing account that pays .015 percent per day for those seven days? Ignore the effects of compounding interest.
11. Cow Chips, Inc., a large fertilizer distributor based in California, is planning to use a lockbox system to speed up collections from its customers located on the East Coast. A Philadelphia-area bank will provide this service for an annual fee of $20,000 plus 10 percent per transaction. The estimated reduction in collection and processing time is one day. If the average customer payment in this region is $5,300, how many customers are needed, on average, each day to make the system profitable for Cow Chips? Treasury bills are currently yielding 5 percent per year.
12. If 25% of the customers pay on day 10 and 75% pay on day 30, the average collection period is:
A. 15 days.
B. 20 days.
C. 25 days.
D. 30 days.
E. 40 days.
13. Collegiate Tuxedo rents apparel throughout the year. They have experienced non-payment by about 15% of their customers with an average loss of $200. Collegiate wants to stem their losses by using an instant electronic credit check on the customer. These checks will cost them $7 on each of the 1,000 customers. The opportunity cost is 1.5% for the credit period. Should they pursue the credit check?
A. No, because the $7000 cost is too high.
B. No, because a $200 loss is minor.
C. Yes, because the net gain is $30,000.
D. Yes, because the net gain is $23,000.
E. Yes, because the net gain is $193,000.
14. If 20% of the customers pay on day 10 and 80% pay on day 30, the average collection period is:
A. 10 days.
B. 15 days.
C. 22.5 days.
D. 24 days.
15. On September 1, a firm grants credit with terms of 2/10 net 45. The creditor:
A. must pay a penalty of 2% when payment is made later than September 1st.
B. must pay a penalty of 10% when payment is made later than 2 days after September 1st.
C. receives a discount of 2% when payment is made at least 10 days before September 1st.
D. receives a discount of 2% when payment is made before September 1st and pays a penalty of 10% if payment is made after September 1st.
E. receives a discount of 2% when payment is made within 10 days after the effective invoice date of September 1st.
16. The Tate Corporation has annual sales of $47 million. The average collection period is 36days. What is the average investment in accounts receivables as shown on the balance sheet?
17. Lipman, Inc., has an average collection period of 39 days. Its average daily investment in receivables is $47,500. What are annual credit sales? What is receivable turnover?
A. $444,555; 9.4
B. $446,551; 8.8
C. $444,940; 5.5
D. $444,551; 9.4
E. $444,515; 8.8
18. Suppose the current exchange rate for the Polish zloty is Z 4.27. The expected exchange rate in three years is Z 4.51. What is the difference in the annual inflation rates for the United States and Poland over this period? Assume the anticipated rate is constant for both countries. What relationship are you relying on in answering this question?
19. An efficient capital market is one in which:
A. brokerage commissions are zero.
B. taxes are irrelevant.
C. securities always offer a positive rate of return to investors.
D. security prices are guaranteed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to be fair.
E. security prices reflect available information.
20. In an efficient market when a firm makes an announcement of a new product or product enhancement with superior technology providing positive NPV, the price of the stock will:
A. rise gradually over the next few days.
B. decline gradually over the next few days.
C. rise on the same day to the new price.
D. stay at the same price, with no net effect.
E. drop on the same day to the new price.
21. Financial managers can create value through financing decisions that:
A. reduce costs or increase subsidies.
B. increase the product prices.
C. create a new security.
D. Both A and B.
E. Both A and C.
22. Remitting cash flows is a term used to describe:
A. cash flows earned in a foreign country.
B. moving cash flows from the foreign subsidiary to the parent firm.
C. forecasting the value of foreign currency one-year hence.
D. forecasting the value of U.S. currency one-year hence.
E. None of the above.
23. The price of one country’s currency expressed in terms of another country’s currency is:
A. by definition, one unit of currency.
B. the cross inflation rate.
C. the depository rate.
D. the exchange rate.
E. the foreign interest rate.
24. The cross rate is the:
A. exchange rate between the U.S. dollar and another currency.
B. exchange rate between two currencies, neither of which is generally the U.S. dollar.
C. rate converting the direct rate into the indirect rate.
D. estimated based on the weighted average cost of capital by the agent at the exchange kiosk.
E. None of the above.
25. You are planning a trip to Australia. Your hotel will cost you A$150 per night for five nights. You expect to spend another A$2,000 for meals, tours, souvenirs, and so forth. How much will this trip cost you in U.S. dollars given the following exchange rates?
Country: Australia, U.S $ equivalent: .7004, currency per U.S. $ 1.4278
Used international currency exchange rate calculator to solve this one
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more