I’m working on a sociology writing question and need an explanation to help me understand better.
1) Explain what Lareau meant by concerted cultivation versus accomplishment of natural growth in terms of the class differences in the way parents view the task of raising children.
2) Describe how education impacts the status group one would be included in.
3) Discuss social class and parental values as described in your textbook. Was your own experience different or similar?
4) Why are less-educated whites more prone to substance abuse than less-educated African Americans or Hispanics? How does reference group theory help in understanding this difference?
5) In what respects is the husband’s role within the household minimized in a women-centered kinship system?
6) Explain why the racial gap in nonmarital childbearing has been narrowing.
7) Compare and contrast any three U.S. racial-ethnic groups in terms of size (proportionate to the total U.S. population), marriage patterns, fertility patterns, and economic advantages or disadvantages.
8) Why do sociologists separate racial-ethnic groups for the study of family
9) Describe some of the trends in patterns of immigration to the United States among Mexican Americans and Puerto Rican Americans. How might these have affected family life
10) How does intermarriage vary among racial-ethnic groups? Explain the gender differences that exist in intermarriage.
11) Explain the two major factors that Cherlin believes explain the decrease in African American marriages and the increase in children born to unmarried mothers.
12) How important is family and kinship in the lives of racial-ethnic groups? Differentiate between marriage-centered networks and women-centered networks.
13) Explain how the following fact affects family relationships in the United States: For every three black unmarried women in their twenties, there is roughly one unmarried black man with earnings above the poverty line.
14) What is meant by a “mediating structure,” and what does it do for African American families?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more