1. Before beginning the Job Analysis Project, thoroughly review the Chapter 4 discussion on Job Analysis and understand it.
2. Use a combined “Critical Incident Approach” and the “Competency-Based Approach” to do your Job Analysis. You will need to very carefully read and understand these two approaches to Job Analysis. You will be using specific questions in your interviews that reflect these approaches. You will have to demonstrate and make clear how your job analysis is making use of these models.
3. The “Job Analysis Interview Questions” in Chapter 4 of the textbook will be very useful to your own interview of job holders. A sample job description for your project is given in Chapter 4.
4. Make sure that your job description and job specification and all the related information are being derived from the answers to your questions given by the job holder. Otherwise, you will get a very very low grade on this project. Do not copy and paste a job description or any part of a job description from someone else’s paper or the Internet. Students doing that in the past have received a 0 for the project and sometimes an F for the whole course.
5. Provide complete and comprehensive answers given by the jobholder to your questions (and any other supporting relevant information) in the body of your paper. This is central to the paper.
Now Read the following very carefully and strictly follow these directions!
B. Structure of the Job Analysis Project
Here is how you should approach the writing, organizing, and structuring of your Job Analysis Assignment.
Your Job Analysis Paper should be typed, double-spaced, with “1” margins on all sides.
Having a cover page is important with any assignment. The cover page should have your complete name, and Title of the assignment. The cover page should also contain information regarding the section of the HR class you are in and the time it meets. The date that you are turning in the assignment should be on the cover page as well.
You should have a brief abstract on the cover page. Have a complete Table of Contents on the next page.
Your Job Analysis assignment should have four sections as given below and these should be clearly marked using subtitles. In addition, in some of the sections, you will need to have subsections. I give you the structure below that you should use.
Section 1: Preparing For and Conducting the Job Analysis (15%) ~ 2 to 3 pages
Describe this field project in your own words and answer the following questions.
How did you go about doing the Job Analysis project? Which organization did you contact and what does this company do? Which position (give the title) in this company did you select for your job analysis? Is this an exempt or a non-exempt position?
How did you go about collecting data for the job analysis? (Specify the method or combination of methods used such as interviews, observation, questionnaires, etc.). Which individual or individuals did you collect the data from? (through interviews and observations – give positions, names, and dates).
Where did you interview the job holder or job holders? How long did the interview or interviews last? Were you able to ask all your questions and get adequate information? Were you able to observe the job holder at work? Were you able to verify the information by speaking to the supervisor or other qualified experts? Was there anything you could have done to further enhance the data collection? Were you able to verify the validity of the data collected through other sources (such as the supervisor of the person you interviewed)?
Section 2: Questions asked and Comprehensive Answers given by the job holders. (Explain how each of the questions and answers are related to the Critical Incident Approach and the Competency-Based Job Analysis approach). 4-6 pages. (40%)
Section 3: Job Description and Job Specification. 4-6 pages (40%).
Use the Format in Chapter 4. But go further and demonstrate how your Job Description and Job Specification are based on the specific answers and other information that you received from the job holder. For each section of the Job Description and Job Specification, reference specific answers from the earlier section that you are basing the Job Description and the Job Specification on. Everything that is in this section should be fully documented in terms of the source that it came from.
Section 4: Recommendations and Conclusion (5%)
Based on your Job Description and Job Specification, what are your observations regarding the adequacy of the current selection procedures and the performance standards for this job? What are your recommendations to improve these? Describe what you learned in doing this project. 1-2 double-spaced pages.
Your Job Analysis Paper must be thoroughly proofread. Evidence of general sloppiness, lack of organization, lack of focus, incoherence, improper grammar, and spelling mistakes will lead to a low grade on the assignment. Review again the guidelines for scholarly works in the syllabus.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more