1. The ancient scriptures from India that form the basis for Hinduism (and Buddhism) are the ___________.
2. Mohandas Gandhi preached about the importance of _______________, which included marches, hunger strikes, demonstrations, and publicity; this was borrowed by Martin Luther King, Jr.
3. Buddhists believe reality exists in three characteristics: constant change; lack of permanent identity, and _________.
4. For Buddhists, liberation from decay and pain is called _______________.
5. Jainists believe in ____________, who are seen as “crossing-makers” or spiritual guides.
6. Sikhism is widely viewed as a blend of parts of Hinduism and ___________.
7. The primary book of Sikh scripture is the _________, which they venerate, believing it contains the living spirits of ten gurus.
8. For Daoists and Confucianists, _____________ is the representation of two opposite but complementary characteristics.
9. Confucianism, Daoism, and Buddhism are collectively known as the ____________.
10. Shinto began to separate from Buddhism following ______________.
Part II. Short Answer—Identify each term and describe how it is important to understanding the religion it is related to (who or what the term is, which religion it is related to, and why it is important to the class). Each answer should be at least three sentences long!
1. wu wei
4. The Five Classics
Part III. Essay—Select one essay and respond to the directions in ESSAY FORM. Your answer should have an introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion. You should make direct reference to your textbook and lectures, and include those in your response. Your answer should be at least three pages (double-spaced).
1. What are the most important factors in evaluating a religion and comparing it to others? Identify at least three important parts of any religion that are essential to understanding their belief system; describe what those factors (examples could include community, rituals, prayer, worshiping, etc.) are and then select from Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Jainism, Confucianism, Daoism, and Shinto to focus on. Describe those factors (how you define them) and how it relates to the religion you selected. What are the most challenging part of trying to understand this particular religion? What are the most unique features? What are the features that it shares with other religions?
2. The religions we focus on are all unique, but they have some shared characteristics. Some things that all of the religions we have discussed have in common is that they all believe in the spiritual world and the human world, some idea of a creator, an afterlife (or afterlives), and have an idea about how humans are supposed to interact with each other and with their god or gods. Identify three shared characteristics and describe how each of the religions we have discussed approach the topic. How does each approach reflect the religion’s overall idea of practicing faith? How important is the community to the practice? Which of these features is confusing? Why?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more