Assignment 3: Understanding Human Diversity, Cultural Diversity & Special Populations Individual PowerPoint Presentations (Total: 100 Points) – Competency 1 (P.B. 1.2); Competency 2 (P.B. 2.1, 2.3); Competency 3 (P.B. 3.1) Competency 4 (P.B. 4.1, 4.2, 4.3); Competency 5 (P.B. 5.1, 5.2, 5.3) – Due Date: September 21, 2020
There are special populations such as children and youth, the elderly, the homeless, individuals with physical and mental disabilities, police brutality victims, AIDS patients, gays, lesbians, bisexuals, women and minorities, environmental issues, including ethnic minorities bring unique needs and circumstances that must be recognized when the social worker serves these persons. There are also societal induced stressors and factors identified by many in society that subordinate, discriminate, oppress and affect special populations that must be addressed, understood and alleviated. These stressors and factors are identified in rural, urban and suburban sites of practice. Therefore, social work students need to be sensitive to these stressors and factors along with racial, ethnic, and cultural factors when working with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities, and colleagues.
Students are assigned to work individually to complete the following assignment in understanding human diversity, cultural diversity, and special populations:
1) Use the selected group below to research and locate information from books, refereed peer-reviewed journals, or other evidence-based research articles.
2) Using your critical thinking skills, provide your overall reaction to the authors’ presentation of the special population that you are researching. For example, do the authors’ research present stereotypes, value judgments or judgment conflicts?
3) Practice personal reflection and self-correction to assure continual professional development by answering the following questions: Do you have biases toward the diverse group? Explain. As a worker, identify how you eliminate biases and how professional values guide social work practice?
4) Discuss whether your understanding of the special population changed or remained the same after researching the population; and
5) Present your findings in a PowerPoint presentation identifying your reactions to the questions and statements listed in 1-4.
*Group 3 – Social Work Practice with Children & Youth
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more