Motivation is a complex subject, but its understanding and application is central to the success of management and organizational success. Imagine that you have been tasked by the CEO of your organization (current or past) with recommending actions to improve the motivation of the organization’s employees. The CEO has requested that you prepare a talking paper explaining to management what motivation is, the factors that influence motivation, the role of the leader in motivation, and ways the organization can inspire motivation. The talking paper should not be a reiteration of motivation theory, but should provide succinct points that cover the key topics of motivation and provides a road map that management can implement to improve motivation within the organization. Note: You may create and / or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
In preparation for this assignment, review the following additional resources on motivation:
“Creating a motivating work environment” (2 min 20 s), located at http://www.lynda.com/Business-Skills-tutorials/Creating-motivating-work-environment/142957/155997-4.html?org=strayer.edu.
Berry, J. (2014). Revolutionizing motivation. Training Journal, 10-13. (Note: Available in the Strayer Library)
Write a two to four (2-4) page talking paper in which you:
1. Synthesize the concept of motivation, and examine the substantial reasons why motivation is difficult to understand.
2. Evaluate the potential effectiveness of the model positioning of motivation, and propose at least one (1) action that the organization can take in order to apply the concept.
3. Detail the feedback control loop, and suggest one (1) way that the organization can use the feedback control loop to determine whether management’s actions are motivating or demotivating.
4. Assess the manner in which leaders can influence employee motivation through goal setting, impression management, and encouragement.
5. Devise a plan to redesign a job of your choice within the organization, outlining the steps that the organization would need to take to redesign the job to encourage and develop motivation for employees.
6. Select one (1) theory of motivation from pages 185 to 206 in the textbook. Outline a plan to integrate the selected theory into the organization.
7. Recommend the key to success in implementing your plan of action to increase motivation within your chosen organization.
8. Use at least three (3) quality academic references in this assignment. You may include the resource(s) provided in the assignment. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
•Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
•Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
•Analyze the relationship between the basic organizational behavior models of individual, group, and organizational processes, and the productivity of an organization.
•Explain the variety of motivational theories and job design considerations.
•Use technology and information resources to research issues in leadership and organizational behavior.
•Write clearly and concisely about leadership and organizational behavior using proper writing mechanics.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more