For your final essay in this course you will select a topic which is of interest to you. The caveat is that this topic must be something to which an argument might be asserted, assessed and answered. That is to say, you will need to take a position on your topic and argue for that position in light of possible alternative positions.
Your paper will need to clearly articulate that argument as well as answer at least one possible counterargument that might be made. You must employ at least one of the thinkers/philosophers that we have covered this term who might best undergird your argument. It matters not to me which philosopher, only that you use their ideas appropriately.
A VERY CRUDE EXAMPLE:
– Argument: I believe that a god who is all-loving, all-powerful and all-knowing exists.
– Possible Counter Argument: If a god who is all-loving, all-knowing and all-powerful exists then why does evil exist in the world. It would seem that if god was all loving he should do something about evil, and if god was all powerful he could do something about evil. Yet, evil exists and therefore a god of this kind does not exist.
– Counter Argument: The issue at hand regarding evil appears to me to not be of god’s doing, but ours. Should I make the decision to shoot an innocent person, how is that god’s fault. I have free-will to make my own choices – to do good, or to do evil. I agree with St. Augustine that “what we term evil is merely an absence of what is good. In the same way that what I term darkness, is merely an absence of light.”
YOUR PAPER SHOULD BE:
– 3-5 PAGES IN LENGTH
– 12-POINT TIMES NEW ROMAN FONT
– SELECT A FORMATTING/CITATION STYLE (The example I have used is MLA)
– NO LESS THAN 3 SCHOLARLY RESOURCES (Your Textbook can be one)
– DUE DATE: Printed, stapled, hardcopy turned in Thursday May 3rd at the beginning of class (or sooner! I WILL NOT accept emailed papers for the final essay. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
– Gun Control – Ethics, Morality and God
– Abortion Laws – The Mind Body Problem
– Same Sex Marriage/Homosexuality – The Existence/Non-Existence of God
– Death with Dignity Acts/Laws – Marxist Critique of Capitalism
– Standardized Testing – Is Technological Advancement Good for humanity
– Rich and Poor Disparity – Animal Ethics and Consuming of Meat/Vegan Ethics
– The U.S. as the World Police – Capital Punishment/Death Penalty
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more