I. This paper will be an interdisciplinary analysis of one or two poems of your choice. Select these poems from works produced or translated into the English Language. The easiest choices, of course are poems from our readings, but this still leaves a lot of content open for poem selections, and multi-era selections are allowed.
A. Length and Format Requirements
1. 3-4 Pages
2. MLA, APA or Chicago format is acceptable (most students choose MLA)
3. All papers must be submitted as .doc/.docx (Microsoft Word) files.
4. All papers must be submitted in the drop box titled “Paper 1 Drop Box” on, or before the specified due date.
A. Select poems that are interesting to you.
B. Select a theme in the poems that is transferable, or has meaning beyond the poems. Example:
Contrasting depictions of city life in British Romantic Poetry and American Beat Poetry
C. Make a tentative argument (thesis statement, or claim) that references both the poem and the theme. Ex: “Verses 3, 17 and 80 of the Tao Te Ching illustrate the philosophy that any government will best achieve its goals by being less authoritarian and more harmonious in its dealings with the people.”
D. Conduct some research in support of your claim.
1. Use the library databases (www.farmingdale.edu). JSTOR and Ebsco’s Academic Search Complete (check boxes for “peer-reviewed content” and “full text” on Ebsco) are the best.
2. Find peer-reviewed articles (1 or 2) that are related to your theme and claim.
3. Remember that these sources do not need to be about the poem – just the theme.
E. Make an outline that references both the poem and the article to establish an organizational plan for the paper.
F. Write the paper! (In proper format)
G. Include the following elements:
1. Short Introductory Paragraph (last sentence of this is the thesis statement)
2. Organized body text
a. Cite the poem
b. Cite the additional source
3. Conclusion (This is not a “restatement” of the introduction. Conclusions and introductions are different, just ask the dictionary!)
Pick any Two Poems From The Following: do NOT USE ANY OF THE FIRST 5 POEMS
PLEASE SEE PDF POEMS ATTACHED!!!!!!!!!
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more