Follow the instructions in “PSY-452 Exercise #2 Non-Experimental Designs Instructions” for the successful completion of this assignment.
To better understand the concept of non-experimental designs, be sure to read all the assigned readings for this module before beginning the assignment:
1) For this assignment, you will watch three television shows from the genres listed below and analyze them for verbal and physical violence portrayed in the show.
2) You will watch shows from the following genres:
a) Situation comedy
3) First, use the following definition of violence for this exercise:
a) “The overt expression of physical force (with or without weapon) against self or other, compelling action against one’s will on pain of being hurt or killed, or actually hurting or killing. Must be plausible and credible; no idle threats, verbal abuse, or comic gestures with no credible violent consequences. May be intentional or accidental; violent accidents, catastrophes, acts of nature are included” (Williams, Zabrack, & Joy, 1982, p. 366.)
1) On the Tally Sheet template below, tally the number of times you see the mode of aggression on the selected program.
a) Rate the overall violence using a 5-point scale from 1 (not at all violent) to 5 (extremely violent).
2) Collapse your data within each program category.
3) Determine the mean rate of acts per program hour for each modes of aggression.
4) Determine the overall mean violence rating for each category.
5) Your instructor will assist you as to how to analyze the final data.
6) Write up a brief study (250-500 words) about what you discovered in this content analysis. Copy and paste the Tally Sheet below and include it in your study.
7) While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
8) Submit the assignment as one deliverable to the instructor by the end of Module 3.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more