Assignment: Risk of Crime
A woman who is engaged in prostitution is more likely to find herself vulnerable to theft, assault, and other types of violent crimes. High-risk behaviors such as this create an increased likelihood of more violent crimes. Another woman works in a white-collar job and lives in the suburbs. Does that mean that she does not have to be concerned about crime? She is still at risk, but perhaps it is of a different form.
What are the correlations between demographics and the types of crimes people commit? Do certain types of people have a higher risk of committing particular crimes or becoming a victim of those crimes? In your Learning Resources this week, you examined what risk factors tend to lead to becoming an offender or a victim, but in this Assignment you will take it one step further.
In this Assignment, you will select a case study where risk factors are present. You will examine the correlation that exists between risk factors and the types of crimes that are likely to occur. You will then make a determination of the relative likelihood that a person will become an offender or a victim.
In a 3- to 5-page paper:
· Summarize the case.
· Identify demographics and risk factors (e.g., acute, direct, proxy, short and long-term) that are present in the case that contribute to the subject becoming a victim or offender.
· Identify and evaluate the risk factors that are prone to influence a person, once they have committed their first crime, to continue engaging in criminal behavior. For victims of crime, identify and evaluate factors that would facilitate continued victimization.
· Explain if there is a correlation between risk factors and the types of crimes that are likely to occur.
· Rate the subject (Scale of 1–10) as to how likely is it that he/she will commit a crime or become a victim.
· Include supporting evidence of your conclusions.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more