I’m stuck on a Sociology question and need an explanation.
What is a Literature Review?
A Literature Review or “literary analysis” surveys books, scholarly articles, and other academic sources relevant to a particular social topic/issue. Literature Reviews are “summaries” designed to provide an overview of sources you’ve explored while conducting research. It is a recap of the important information obtained on that social topic. Literature Reviews are NOT personal or opinion based papers.
1. Topic: Caste based discrimination (Nepal)
2. You will utilize at least 6 academic sources for this paper assignment to include; credible internet sites (.edu .gov), books, professional journal articles, and magazines (TIME, Newsweek).
3. Main body of paper is to be 6 – 7 pages in length (double-spaced) ; a cover page is required – “Literature Review”, Student’s name, date of submission, and Harrisburg Area Community College; a “References” page must cite all academic sources. An “Abstract” is optional for this paper.
4. Literature Review will be written in APA format (American Psychological Association). This paper assignment is worth 100 possible points.
HACC Library ; Citing Sources APA Citations (7th edition):
APA Citation Websites – EXCELSIOR Online Writing Lab : APA Style
Valencia College : APA Style Guide 7th ed.
Purdue OWL : APA Style (7th ed.)
American Psychological Association : APA Style
* There are three “elements” of a Literature Review that are often incorporated into the main body of your research paper.
a. Historical element – examines research throughout a specific time period, often starting with the first time an issue, concept, or phenomena emerged in the literature, then traces its evolution within the academics of the discipline. This places research in a historical context to show familiarity with state-of-the-art developments and to identify the likely direction for future research.
b. Integrative element – the research reviews and critiques literature on a topic in an “integrative” manner such that new frameworks and perspectives on the topic are generated. The body of literature includes all studies that address related research concerns. The integration of all researched material provides greater insight and clarity on your societal issue or topic.
c. Argumentative element – identifies literature selectively in order to support or refute an argument, deeply imbedded assumption(s), or philosophical problem already established in the literature. Given the very nature of some, if not most, social science research; ie: Civil Rights, Immigration, Gun Control Laws, Euthanasia, Abortion, etc, the argumentative element analyzes the literary research in a legitimate way to encourage and promote academic conversations for those with opposing viewpoints.
Common Errors to Avoid:
* Use quotes sparingly……sometimes you may need to quote certain phrases that are used by the author, not common knowledge, or taken directly from a research -based study. Do NOT use extensive quotes as a substitute for your own summarization of the research findings.
* Use caution when paraphrasing……a source that is not your own which represents the author’s information or opinions, must be properly cited in your paper.
* Sources or references in your “Literature Review” are not related to the research issue or topic.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more