1. You’re an employee in accessories of a department store. A customer complains about your lack of silk scarves after she saw an advertisement in the newspaper. You are unable to provide a tangible restitution as you aren’t management. Knowing the concept of procedural fairness, what else could you do to satisfy your customer?
A. Make a note to the manager in front of the customer about the lack of merchandise.
B. Offer a rain check.
C. Call other stores to see if it is in stock and direct the customer to the other store.
2. Which of the following statements about the use of scent to change or augment the atmospherics in a store is true?
A. The gender of the target market should be used to determine the intensity of the scent.
B. There are no ethnic differences in the way scents are received and decoded.
C. The methods used to introduce scent into a store are relatively expensive.
3. Marcel works in the linen department of a large department store. When a customer arrived Friday morning to pick up a Thanksgiving tablecloth she had specially ordered, she was disappointed to find deliveries were late, and the cloth had not yet arrived. She was planning to use it at a Thanksgiving gathering at her home this weekend. Marcel was able to use empowerment to bridge the _______ gap by offering to bring the tablecloth to her home himself as soon as it arrived at the store.
4. Which of the following statements about the location of departments within retail department and discount stores is true?
A. Because many customers turn left when entering a store, the left side is especially desirable floor space.
B. The best locations on any floor are those that are closest to the store’s entrances, main aisles, escalators, and elevators.
C. In general in a multilevel store, space’s value increases the further it is from the entry-level floor.
5. When Karen went to Amazon.com, based on her past purchases, the site asked her if she was interested in a new book by Deepak Chopra. It also asked her if she wanted to be reminded when new books by Chopra or authors of similar books became available. Karen was even able to review her past purchases. All of these unique customer services enable Amazon.com to
A. differentiate itself from other retailers of books.
B. combat the problems associated with service intangibility.
C. prevent price comparisons with other electronic retailers of books.
6. Which of the following does not describe appropriate space management?
A. A retailer over allocates space to some low productivity categories such as milk because an extensive assortment in these categories attracts customers to the store and positively affects the sales of categories with higher GMROIs.
B. Less is allocated to fast selling merchandise to allow more shelf space to encourage sales of slower moving items.
C. A retailer over allocates space to categories purchased by their platinum customers, the customers with the highest lifetime value.
7. Glamour Shots uses makeup and clothes to try to make each of its customers look attractive. Then it takes photos of these individuals. It makes money by selling these photos. Since each individual is different, End of exam each makeover is different as is each camera shoot. Glamour Shots uses a/an _______ approach to customer service.
B. individualized retailing
8. Why is it important for stores to be designed with flexibility in mind?
A. It’s less expensive for retailers to build several different types of flexible fixtures than to build one inflexible fixture.
B. Stores with flexible designs can respond to market changes without large-scale renovations.
C. Customers find it hard to locate merchandise if fixtures are rigid.
9. Which of the following is not considered an objective to be met when designing a store?
A. The design should recognize the needs of the disabled.
B. The design should be inexpensive.
C. The design should be flexible.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more