THE ED ROBERTS CAMPUS
As we have discussed in class, there are many ways to make our community more inclusive and accessible. Unfortunately, accessibility is often an afterthought in the engineering, design, and building process of community environments. This results in the exclusion of people with disabilities in life activities that non-disabled people take for granted. The hope with this assignment is to open your eyes to the ways that our community can be accessible and inaccessible for people with disabilities, and the ways that we can be proactive in ensuring that accessibility features are present within our communities. (Remember: Accessibility is not only for those with visible disabilities but also for invisible disabilities such as heart conditions, anxiety disorders, etc.)
You will explore the concept of universal design and the accessibility features of
The Ed Roberts Campus at UC Berkeley via two short videos:
● Ed Roberts Campus: Building Community https://youtu.be/7THtXFm_954
● The Ed Roberts Campus https://youtu.be/4Vh51HYJA-0
● Microsoft Word format ONLY
● 3-5 pages of question/answer text, and photos
● Responses must be in short essay/paragraph, question/answer format (answers underneath respective points/questions)
● 1” margins
● 12-point font
For this assignment, you will respond to all of the following points or questions on the topic of accessibility at The Ed Roberts Campus at UC Berkeley and the community at large:
For help with this, please refer to the” Disability-Related Language in Written Assignments” document in Blackboard.
The following considerations will benefit your evaluation and will contribute to a higher grade on this assignment. Things to consider as you answer the above questions:
● Can a person who uses a wheelchair access all of the same areas that a nondisabled individual can access?
● Are accessible alternatives clearly and visibly marked?
● Are elevators and lifts in working order wherever there are stairs?
● Are ramps located and angled in such a way that it is not overly burdensome for someone who uses a wheelchair to maneuver to them and on them?
● Are the accessible alternatives comparable in distance such that the person using a wheelchair does not need to go far out of their way to arrive at the destination?
● Are signs readable in Braille for people who are blind?
● Are audio cues available for people who are blind (such as crosswalks)?
● Are sign language interpretation and/or closed or open captioning available for any audio or video features?
● Are there enough accessible parking spots and are they actually accessible? If they are not accessible, is it because someone is parked in them illegally? Has someone put shopping carts or scooters or other obstacles in the spots? Or are they designed poorly, making them inaccessible?
● Are there enough accessible walkways, curb cuts, and other accessibility features? If they are not accessible, is it because someone has blocked them/created barriers? Or is it due to poor design?
● Do accessibility features that benefit people with disabilities also benefit those who do not have disabilities? If so, how?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more