Week 4 Assignment:
Last week, you developed training and development initiatives that were focused on individuals in the organization. This week, you will add to that development plan by thinking about how to develop the teams in your organization. Go back and review the data that you collected during the data gathering phase. What data (and analysis) can be applied to teams? In other words, what needs assessment can you do at the team level? How will you enhance the performance of teams as you do your organizational development? (And if you are using your own organization for the project, specifically, how can you enhance the performance of your team?)
This week, you will design a basic training and development intervention for teams that includes at least two different intervention methods. An intervention is a specific action or series of actions taken to address a specific problem that you have identified.
Planning and Execution:
- How cohesive is your team? (Cohesion is a measurement of relationship, togetherness, and belongingness experienced by the team members.)
- What evidence can you provide to support your conclusions about team cohesion? Are there any pieces of evidence that might contradict your conclusion?
- How might you increase the amount of team cohesion (in essence, what intervention methods, such as role-playing, etc., would you use)?
- How productive is your team? (Productivity is a measurement of task fulfillment by team members.)
- What evidence can you provide to support your conclusions about team productivity? Are there any pieces of evidence that might contradict your conclusion?
- How might you increase the amount of team productivity (what intervention methods would you use)?
- Who needs to be involved in the team development plan for it to be a success?
- What is the time frame for implementing your plan?
Prepare a one page team interventions memo that addresses the following issues.
- What is the organization you are working with (to remind your readers)?
- What is the team cohesion need that should be addressed and what is the intervention for that need?
- What is the team productivity need that should be addressed and what is the intervention for that need?
- Who will need to participate (at any level) in the training and development initiative?
- When will the initiative take place?
- What is the basic schedule for rolling out your initiative?