Please Read Instructions First: This assignment for discussions questions “does not” require APA style. I have to post to discussion board for an online class. I attached an “example format for discussion quetions” so you can see how the discussions questions should be formatted and answered. All work should be original with no plagiarism and in proper English grammar. The responses should include answering the main discussion questions, fully, including proper cites as well. If you use citations, I should be able to look it up online to find where you got it from. (USE ALL AMERICAN PUBLICATIONS, CITATIONS AND RESOURCES FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT!) The professor requires that the questions be restated and then answered for the discussion questions. I highlighted the questions in “red, bold, italic and underlined” so you would know exactly which ones to restate and answer. If this is not done, it is his option to deduct formatting points and I could get a “0” for the work. The more in-depth the information is, the better, as long as you fully answer each set of discussions questions. Discussion Questions Set 1 should be about two pages including restating the questions. Discussion Questions Set 2 should be about two pages including restating the questions.
1. Discussion Questions Set 1 “Employee Performance” Please respond to the following:
· Go to SAS’s Website and review the benefits offered by this company by scrolling down to the middle of the web page and clicking the “Benefits” tab. Next, determine whether or not these types of benefits would motivate you as an employee for a long-term commitment. Support your reasoning.
· Determine whether or not these benefits you reviewed could create more of a balance between family and work. Provide at least two examples to support your reasoning.
· Class, in our previous week’s discussion we talked about strategies for hiring, as there is a strategy for hiring there is also a strategy for retention. When we discuss a strategy for retention the ultimate aim is ensure that top talent stay with the Firm and employee turn-over, which is wasted dollars, is reduced. To accomplish this requires that the Firm conduct surveys, which as attitude and exit interviews. The use of focus groups can also provide insight on to why people stay with the Firm, or insight as to why people may look to leave the firm. As you know there are many reasons a person may leave the Firm, for example:
2. job design
4. learning and development
5. career development
7. lack of group cohesion
8. dissatisfaction and conflict with management
The list is not in any rank order, take a look at the list and identify the top (5) reasons you feel a person may leave your organization, past or present. How would you design a benefits program to not only retain top talent, but continue to attract top talent?
2. Discussion Questions Set 2 “Employee Layoffs” Please respond to the following:
· Determine three ways that employee layoffs can affect other employees in the organization. Examine two additional ways that employee layoffs can affect the organization as a whole.
· Imagine that you are a manager of the HR department of a company and you are required to lay off one of your employees.Propose two ways that you can ensure you are abiding by the laws that govern employment and ethical practices. Respond and evaluate another learner’s comment. Ground students will do this through discussion.
· Class, as a Director who has had to go through several downsizing in organizations, but public and private, I can assure you that it is one of the toughest things that HR has to do. Havind said that, the use of data analytics can help an organization correctly plan for a downsizing action, should one happen. Except in very few cases a reduction force should never be a surprise, understanding the financial aspects of the company, key indicators in the organization, and the economy should guide HR in planning for, and executing, a reduction in force. When we look at the impact on an organization, an unplanned downsizing can be destructive to the organization as well as pose potential legal problems, such as complying with WARN. A planned downsizing may not make HR’s job any easier, but it will help ensure that the those who are affected, whether staying or going, are treated humanely. It also will help that legal requirements are met as the procedures, the process and the execution are done in an organized manner. As you look at organizations that you, friends, or families that have been impacted by downsizing, how would you rate the actions of the organization and HR? If you would have been in charge of downsizing action, what would you have done differently?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more