- Comprehend the applied implications of personality psychology research.
- List the methods of personality assessment, the basic criteria by which tests are evaluated, and common measures of personality
Description: This assignment will require that you consider the different personality theories we investigate in class and apply them to you own personality makeup. You are asked to select two to three personality theories and evaluate your personality development to date. Papers must be 2-3 pages in length, double-spaced, APA formatted, and in college level English. Page count does NOT include title page and references. You are not required to complete an abstract.
Note: You are not required to include an abstract. If you do include an abstract, please review formatting to ensure you are submitting a correctly formatted one.
Be sure you:
- Identify which theories you feel most explain who you are now
- Explain why these theories apply to your personality development
- Examine what cultural influences have molded you into the person you are today
- List which personality assessment(s) presented in the readings would you complete in evaluating your personality. Discuss what you theorize it might reveal about you based on the readings from the text and journal articles. (You may use the results you obtain from the personality assessments you are required to complete for Group Discussion 3 and/or 5.)
- Support your work with information from the textbook AND peer-reviewed sources from psychology journals. You can find access to FREE ones via the FIU library.
- Use at least two (2) peer reviewed journal articles for your project from the last 5 years.
- Submit a complete first draft of your paper paper so that your peer reviewer can offer you feedback on your writing. Points will be assigned for this assignment AFTER you complete the review you are assigned to complete. This assignment it aimed at helping you improve your work and those of your peers, as well. Please be thorough in your comments. Be sure to add your comments in the rubric provided via the gradebook.
Formatting Reminder: You are expected to format your presentation according to APA formatting guidelines. Please see the APA resources folder in our classroom for additional resources and tools for help in preparing your paper. Be sure to cite your sources accordingly, to avoid plagiarism in your formal written assignments.